Are you starting a new beverage brand? Would you like to work with America's leading beverage development, manufacturing and marketing company? Contact us today & let one of our friendly beverage production experts help you to understand what you need to get started and how we can help you grow your beverage company! Request Free Information >
Tips from leading beverage manufacturers.
- Make sure you have a production ready beverage formula. In order to ensure a successful beverage production it is important to have a beverage scientist prepare it in a laboratory setting. A production ready formula is based on your original idea, uses the same ingredients that you had originally decided on, but that are always available in mass quantities.
- Chose the right kind of beverage packaging for your drink. Your decision on which type of packaging to use comes down to two main points a) What type of process is required to manufacture your beverages (this will determine the type of container used)? b) What type of consumer are you trying to appeal to (this will determine the style and shape of container)?
- Chose the right kind of label for your new beverage. Choosing the right beverage label is very important to the marketing & sales of a beverage brand. The look & feel of the product is crucial to its success but don't forget to keep an eye on cost.
- Choosing the best closure for your new product is also important. You must consider if the consumer will want a wide or narrow opening to drink out of? Should the container be resealable? There is also the cap color & the shape to consider.
- What type of box or tray will you use to pack your beverage for shipping to retailers? Will you use a box or a tray? If its a tray will you use shrink film and will the film be decorated? How many drinks should you put into each case?
- Where should your beverage manufacturer be located in relation to the market that you are going to supply? Is it better to produce closer to where you sell or to get smaller production runs done at locations that aren't as conveniently located?
- How many case should I produce when I first get started manufacturing beverages? Should I be worried about over producing or should I be more concerned about running out of drinks? Who should I ask about this very important decision?
- Once my drinks have been produced where do I store them & how do I move them around cost effectively & safely? How do I get hold of companies that can store my products for me and then help me to to ship them everywhere?
There are thousands of beverage manufacturers and suppliers in the US and all around the world, Power Brands works with all of the best beverage manufacturers and will help set you up in the right place, with the right beverage manufacturers at the right price. Contact us and you will be selling beverages to consumers everywhere before you know it. Request Free Information >
A brief history on the beverage manufacturing industry.
If you are new to the beverage industry and are trying to figure out the drink manufacturing process, then it is important for you to know a little more about the history of mainstream beverage. We have summarized the most important parts for you here, take a few minutes to read this page or contact us to discuss your new beverage concept. Request Free Information >
The beverage manufacturing process is one of the most efficient manufacturing processes in the world. Because of the enormous scale of the drink industry, American, European and Asian drink manufacturers have become increasingly better equipped to manufacture drinks at high speed and low cost. As a beverage manufacturer in these regions you are exposed to the largest markets in the world. Beverage manufacturing can trace its origins to the very dawn of civilization as far back as man has recorded its history we have been beverage manufacturers. Back then beverage manufacturers were simply tea brewers, wine growers and home industries developing and manufacturing a little more than they could consume themselves and selling it. A beverage manufacturer might supplement his income in this way. Over the years the process of beverage manufacturing became more streamlined and beverage manufacturing was performed on a much larger scale. Farms to grow the grapes that could be pressed into wine were established, tea plantations and facilities to process the tea were founded and other ways of large scale drink manufacturing were created. A beverage manufacturer was capable of producing product for a whole region by this stage. Fast forwarding to the modern era and you have early days of Coca-Cola, which was founded in 1886, to became one of the first major international beverage manufacturers. Find out about this ever expanding business Request Free Information >
Over the years there were several milestones in the beverage industry:
- In 1966 Gatorade was born the worlds first popular sports drink. Drink manufacturing would never be the same.
- In 1971 Starbucks emerged and Seattle would become another turning point for the drink industry.
- In 1972 a couple of natural food store owners wondered if a healthy drink industry would be possible? The answer was yes and Snapple was created, it has kept drink manufacturers busy for over 35 years.
- Although there was plenty of fresh water flowing through the taps in America in 1978 Perrierand Evian became the first widely available bottled waters.
- In 1980 the only way to get fresh juice was to squeeze it yourself. Odwalla one of the leading innovators in the drink industry would change that for the better.
- 1981 was the year Red Bull energy drink started its iconic rise to become one of the most successful drink manufacturers in history.
- In 1982 Diet Coke became the nation's favorite diet soda.
- In 1992 Pepsi-Cola revolutionized drink distribution by including Lipton and Ocean Spray as part of its drink distribution strategy.
- In 1995 Pepsi introduced Aquafina and Coca-Cola introduced Dasani, bottled water one of the largest segments of the drink industry was here to stay.
- In 1996 Sobe defined the functional drink category.
- 2007 Coca-Cola buys Vitamin Water for a record 4.1 billion dollars and the drink industry keeps growing.
As it stands Coca-Cola is still the largest soft drink manufacturer in the world.
While many different categories make up the American beverage product picture, carbonated soft drinks (CSDs) and their diet counterparts continue to be some of the most popular, hence the extensive network of soft drink manufacturers. Since the early days of our nation’s history, carbonated soft drinks have occupied a unique place in the hearts, minds and palates of the American consumer and this was all made possible by our nations soft drink manufacturers. Request Free Information >
The term soft drink is derived from the phrase “soda water,” dating back to 1798. At that time, soft drink creation and soda fountain manufacturing were handled by local pharmacists because of their experience with chemistry and medicine. In 1835, the first bottled soda water was produced in the United States. This marked the start of carbonated soft drink manufacturing.
As the local drugstore evolved into the central attraction in most American towns and neighborhoods, the pharmacist was integral in providing beverages that were part pharmacology and part refreshment. Soft drink manufacturing was part art and part science back then. By 1876, root beer entered the marketplace, but it wasn’t until five years later that the first cola-flavored beverage was unveiled. Soft drink manufacturers were about to become very busy. It would be more than 70 years before the first “official” diet soft drink was introduced in 1952, this marked a significant change for the soft drink manufacturing industry. In 1958, RC Cola introduced Diet Rite®, the first nationally distributed diet soft drink. Tab, Fresca® and Diet Pepsi® entered the marketplace in the 1960s; Sugar-free 7UP was introduced in 1970; and Diet Coke® made its debut in 1982. Soft drink manufacturers were in full stride by this point. Request Free Information >
According to Beverage Digest, In 2013, the U.S. soft drink market size was valued at about 97.82 billion U.S. dollars, up from 91.58 billion U.S. dollars in 2010. To learn more about how you can start your own drink company now, contact Power Brands,
Americas' leading beverage industry experts. Request Free Information >